This will be the one an only time your pastor ever gives you permission to lie!
FIBBAGE FRIDAY at the Summit Centre
September 29, 7-9pm
Ages 12 - Adult
Fibbage is the lying, bluffing, fib-till-you-win trivia party game from the makers of YOU DON'T KNOW JACK! Fool your friends with your lies, avoid theirs, and find the (usually outrageous) truth.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Phone (or mobile device)
- Food to share
Got questions? E-mail Carmen: firstname.lastname@example.org
September is the time of year when many of us look to reboot or retool our schedules. Kids are back in school, travel and holidays are behind us and we begin reconnecting with friends and neighbours we haven't seen much over the summer. AND many people start heading back to church.
Each Fall at Grasslands we plan our church schedule to promote the best opportunities for a spiritual reboot, with new teaching series and new Community Groups launching. Community Groups are the lifeblood of Grasslands Church. If you've never tried a Community Group you are missing out on some of the best stuff we do.
5 Reasons to Join a Community Group:
1) If you want to grow spiritually you need to be connected relationally. Maybe you’ve been attending Grasslands for a while now and you enjoy the coffee, the friendly atmosphere, the music and practical teaching. If you still think something is missing, it’s likely that you’re not really interacting with people in a meaningful way. There is only so much that can happen on a Sunday morning. That’s why we say “circles are better than rows”. There are certain things that can happen in someone’s living room that just can’t on a Sunday morning.
2) God designed you for relationships. As a church, we aim to help one another grow in our relationships. Our relationships with one another are one of the key factors in our spiritual growth and health. Being a disciple of Jesus is more effective (and more fun) when you have other people to share the journey with you.
3) We all need a break from our busyness. I know what you’re thinking, “If I join a community group, I’ll be busier than ever.” There is no doubt that being a committed member of a Community Group will add one more thing to your calendar. But the time you spend with your group is really intended to keep you focussed and fresh for the rest of the stuff you've got going on. Having a team of people to pray for you and support you each week will be one of the highlights of your week
4) We all want to be known and cared for by someone. When you share life with a group of people, they often become the ones you turn to when you need help or encouragement or prayer. Growing deeper relationships with others in the church will actually improve your Sunday morning church experience too. Every time you walk into the Summit you will be sought out by those who are investing in your life. You'll be like Norm from Cheers! Ok, say maybe everybody might not know your name....but those most important to you will!
5) You will grow in your faith. As you share your stories, discuss the Sunday message, pray for one another, serve alongside each other even share an occasional meal together, the value of experiencing life together becomes so real and personal. Where else can you share your life journey with others in a context of trust and love with a keen sense that you belong? It’s a unique experience that is waiting for you in community.
If you haven't already joined a group for the Fall you can register for one today. It only takes about 30 seconds! CHECK OUT OUR GROUP LIST NOW!
Did you know that September 17, is National Back to Church Sunday?
Maybe it's been a while since you've been to church. Maybe you've NEVER tried church! Why not join Canadians from coast to coast and give church a try for the first time, or the first time in a long time?
A Grasslands Church we have new people checking us out every Sunday. Our services are laid back, down-to-earth in a coffee shop style environment. We've got great programs for pre-school and elementary school students. The teaching is practical in easy to understand.
Whether you are a long time church veteran or a total newbie, we would love to have you join us.
On September 17 our pastor will be giving a talk called "What is Faith?" which is part of a series of talks called BIG QUESTIONS.
If you would like more information please send us an e-mail or leave a voice message and we'll follow up with you.